Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tasty Tuesday #1

Tonight we had Chicken Parmigiana for dinner. Courtesy of the $120 Food Challenge.

I cheated a little with this. Rather than doing it from scratch, I bought a frozen, pre crumbed heart shaped schnitzel (naughty). I also bought a pre made jar of parmigiana sauce (naughty, naughty). As we are still without an oven, I am still using our little toaster oven (which is fantastic in the circumstances).

The size of the schnitzel is so big, it will feed all of us.


I cooked/browned the schnitzel in a little oil, until golden. All went well, until I tried to take out the schnitzel from the pan, to drain it on some paper towel. It fell completely apart (that's what you get for buying processed frozen crumbed schnitzel).



While heating the pasta sauce, I decided to whack on a few potato wedges as an added side to the steamed veg I had planned.

I topped the crumbed schnitzel (which had been put back together like a jigsaw, as closely as possible) with some shaved ham, the heated sauce & smoothed it in mozzarella cheese. I cooked in until the cheese melted & browned.

I sliced 1/3 of the creation in half for the boys & the shared the other 2/3 between DH & I. I placed the wedges & steamed veg (snow peas, broccoli & carrots as a side & this is the final outcome.

Not what I would call Masterchef or My Kitchen Rules quality, but no one complained.





Pop over to Tasty Tuesday at
33 shades of green, to see
what tasty creations others
have made this Tuesday.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hi There, I am...

My photo
I'm a Brisbane Lions AFL Fan, an Obsassenach of Outlander, a My Peak Challenge Aussie Peaker, a Parkrunner & a Mum of Twins. -- Life is full of fun & games.

Let's go back... way back.

Popular Posts