Friday, April 22, 2011

Footy Frenzy Friday #10

I'm sorry I didn't post about my previous Footy Frenzy Friday last week. :(

Today is Good Friday & I PROMISE I'll be back later today with a catch up.

In the mean time, tell me about your Footy Frenzy Week.

**EDITED to add update. Monday April 25, 10:10 PM.

Well I've broken a promise, by not updating on Friday like I said I would. I have gotten in by the closing bell, so I hope you'll forgive me.

Firstly from 2wks ago...

We had a double header at the 'G' Saturday night Richmond played Hawthorn. It was over after quarter time.

From afl.com.au
HAWTHORN has comfortably accounted for a youthful Richmond side by 63 points in wet conditions at the MCG on Saturday night.

The fight shown by the Tigers in an encouraging start to the season was lacking early when the contest was up for grabs.

The Hawks were much quicker to make the transition to wet weather footy and restricted Richmond to just two goals in the first half before going on to post the emphatic 17.13 (115) to 6.16 (52) win.
It was a wet night, but we sat undercover with the pram (which I would have preferred not to take. Anyway...

The boys stayed awake until almost home then flaked. I was able to get A out of the car & into bed (took his shoes off, but left his close on), without him waking. R was a different story. He woke as soon as I had go him out of the car & ended up sleeping with us.


We then returned to the 'G', for an early Sunday game between Melbourne & Brisbane.

It was another wet one (it absolutely poured at one point), but this time the pram stayed in the car & the boys sat in their own seats undercover (well when they where sitting & not running, jumping, climbing... around).

From afl.com.au
MELBOURNE has recovered from a slow start to record its first victory for the season with an 11-point win over the Brisbane Lions at the MCG on Sunday.

The Demons won 12.10 (82) to 11.5 (71) in a match played in both brilliant sunshine and driving rain, with Liam Jurrah booting five decisive goals.
We should have won it, because we let a 25-point lead turn into an 11 point loss. We just didn't want to win.


Last week Brisbane had a bye, while Richmond played Collingwood.

As I'm working Fridays, it makes it a little tight in regards to getting to BIG matches early & Tiges V Pies is BIG. We didn't end up going, which I know hubby was upset about, but these things happen.

From afl.com.au
COLLINGWOOD has flexed its collective muscle and brushed aside Richmond for a comprehensive 71-point victory at the MCG in front of 58,050 at the MCG on Friday night.

The Magpies had to fight off an impressive third-quarter comeback from the young Tigers, but the reigning premiers again proved it would take something special to stop them this season with a 23.17 (155) to 12.12 (84) win.
Nothing to add. The Pies toyed with them in the 3rd, but steam-rolled ahead in the last.


Easter week Richmond took on North Melbourne & Brisbane hosted St Kilda, but I'll discuss that next week.


BLOG TITLE


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hi There, I am...

My photo
I'm a Brisbane Lions AFL Fan, an Obsassenach of Outlander, a My Peak Challenge Aussie Peaker, a Parkrunner & a Mum of Twins. -- Life is full of fun & games.

Let's go back... way back.

Popular Posts