Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Miracle Pregnancies after IVF

We know they happen, but how miraculous are they? IMO, no very.

Most people who fall pregnant after IVF (whether they have conceived through IVF or not), are those who were diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility. Those who (when push comes to shove), had no reason for not falling pregnant in the first place & who more than likely, would have fallen pregnant naturally in the end anyway.


Now as someone who as dealt with infertility, you might say that it's a little harsh. Well I've been know to be a bitch about things before, but this is my honest opinion.

The reason for this post, is because I am sick to death of hearing from people, that it might happen to me & from others who it has happened to, who want to give you 'hope'. *vomit*.

Firstly, it would be more than a miracle for me to fall pregnant naturally. Our chances where less than 0.00000000000001% according to our FS & that was with IVF (Although we were not unexplained & had a reason. The thing is that when people hear about these 'miracle pregnancies', they assume that everyone who does IVF is the same).

Secondly, your natural success story, DOES NOT give me hope, nor did it give me hope, before I fell pregnant with the boys. Just because you fell pregnant naturally when your IVF conceived child was 5mths old, it doesn't mean that I should get my hopes up for it happening to me. Grrrr!!!

Then you have those who were told as a child/teen, that they would not be able to have children (because of one thing or another), then surprise, surprise, conceive naturally on their first cycle, each time they TTC.

What I would class as a miracle pregnancy, would be someone with POF, no sperm, etc who conceive naturally. Apart from that, IMO, if you have sex, there is ALWAYS a chance that a pregnancy will result.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hi There, I am...

My photo
I'm a Brisbane Lions AFL Fan, an Obsassenach of Outlander, a My Peak Challenge Aussie Peaker, a Parkrunner & a Mum of Twins. -- Life is full of fun & games.

Let's go back... way back.

Popular Posts