Tuesday, November 5, 2013

My Truth About Working in Retail

My Truth Monday is a 12 part series from Denise at Sunny Days in Second GradeI've missed the first two weeks, but have decided to join in late anyway.

This weeks My Truth is Becoming a Teacher (as most of the Sunny Days blogging community are teachers or Homeschoolers).

Since I'm not a teacher, I've done my own version.  My Truth about Working in Retail.


When I was at school, I wanted to be a lawyer. Then I left school early, without my VCE. After being unemployed for a little bit & doing some courses, I was lucky enough to land a job in a supermarket. I started off working in the Meat Dept. It's not as bad as it sounds. From there, I worked in the Deli, back to Meat, then moved into Ticketing. I've been doing that ever since & recently started a day doing payroll. I never thought I would still be working for the same company 16yrs later, but here I am. Sure, there are days when I wish I was doing something else, but even though the is an economic downturn, it's a pretty safe job. I suppose I'm just happy to stay in my comfort zone. As they say, better the devil you know.


I'm also linking with:


      

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hi There, I am...

My photo
I'm a Brisbane Lions AFL Fan, an Obsassenach of Outlander, a My Peak Challenge Aussie Peaker, a Parkrunner & a Mum of Twins. -- Life is full of fun & games.

Let's go back... way back.

Popular Posts