Monday, April 21, 2014

I Must Confess… My Non Easter

Today on I Must Confess, Kristy asks "How do you celebrate or don’t celebrate Easter?"

My boys turned 5 on Easter Thursday, so it's been a BIG week already. Presents parties, etc.

I have a pinterest board of so many things to do for Easter, but didn't even attempt any of them. Then there are the numerous facebook posts that popped up on my timeline, of Easter egg hunts & children waking up to lots of chocolate & even photos of chocolate eggs for breakfast.

I'm a bad mother. There was no egg hunt, no Easter crafts, no instagram pics of chocolate faces & chocolate breakfasts.

The Easter Bunny gave each boy 1 Medium Egg & Mug set. From me, they got a Humpty Dumpty & pair of new PJ's each (which was a half Birthday/Easter gift [<~See Bad Mother] ). From their grandparents, they got 2 x more sets of PJs, another Humpty Dumpty, 1 Elegant Rabbit, a packet of mini eggs & some other odds & ends each. Were they upset at no egg hunt? Not that the told me. Were they upset at no Easter Crafts? They did some at Daycare, so never mentioned anything at home.

When I was a kid, I never did Easter crafts of an Easter Hunt. It was just a Humpty Dumpty & maybe the PJ's (but I can't remember them).

Looking at some of the Facebook & Forum posts, especially for some people who are so perfect about their kids NOT eating chocolate, lollies & sugary stuff, you would wonder WT? was going on. One pic showed a child getting 1 x XL egg, 1 x Humpty Dumpty, 1 x rabbit, 2 x mini bag of eggs, 2 x PJs, 1 x DVD, 1 x electronic game... I mean, so much chocolate & so many other presents. For Easter? It's not like it was a Birthday or Christmas. Anyway, each to their own.

We did have Hot Cross Buns for breakfast on Good Friday (I've been eating them since they came out in January) & also didn't eat meat (not that I'm religious, but that's the way I was brought up). Hot Cross Buns again on Sunday, but no special Easter Lunch or Dinner.

It will be interesting when the boys are at school next year. Maybe they might want more, then again, they may be told the secret of the Easter Bunny.


Visit I Must Confess at
My Home Truths &
see what others are
confessing today.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hi There, I am...

My photo
I'm a Brisbane Lions AFL Fan, an Obsassenach of Outlander, a My Peak Challenge Aussie Peaker, a Parkrunner & a Mum of Twins. -- Life is full of fun & games.

Let's go back... way back.

Popular Posts