Wednesday, January 20, 2016

3 Strikes

We just went out for a Goodbye dinner for my niece. Her mother and her new partner are moving interstate, so the niece goes too.

The first strike happened when we got to the pub. They had given away our table. It's not like it was a busy night, as there were plenty of tables empty. They gave us another table, but it was away from the play area, as we had originally requested.

The second strike came, when I found a hair in my meal. They offered a new meal and a free drink, but after waiting 15mins and with everyone else finished their meal, the kids playing up because they were tired... I just asked for my money back.

I left the pub, not really hungry, but with a headache. The boys had been running around screaming, so that added to my unhappy mood.

I needed petrol and headed to the petrol station when I left the pub. Strike 3. The petrol station was out of 91 unleaded. I probably should have gone in to check, as when it happened once before, they were letting people fill up with 98 premium, but charging people the price of 91 unleaded. I couldn't be bothered, though.

Now I'm just tired and hope I can have a quiet night's sleep. That will depend on the tweens next door, who have been coming out at night and making a nuisance of themselves. They scream and squeal, play music from their phones, talk loudly. I have spoken to one of the mother's who has said that she would do something, but after 3 times, enough is enough.

It is quiet now, so I think I need to head to bed, while I have the chance.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hi There, I am...

My photo
I'm a Brisbane Lions AFL Fan, an Obsassenach of Outlander, a My Peak Challenge Aussie Peaker, a Parkrunner & a Mum of Twins. -- Life is full of fun & games.

Let's go back... way back.

Popular Posts