Sunday, May 1, 2011

Footy Frenzy Friday #11 (On Sunday)

Well it's a bit late, but from the participation & my reader count (A big "HELLO" to my 6 readers & 120ish page views. Please don't be scared to comment.), I doubt anyone will notice.

With it being Easter last week & no footy played on Good Friday, we had the traditional Easter Thursday clash, this year amongst the Lions & the Saints. It was at the Gabba in Brisbane, so I was only able to watch it on TV.

From afl.com.au
ST KILDA defeated a plucky Brisbane Lions outfit 13.11 (89) to 11.10 (76) in a scrappy contest in front of 22,520 at the Gabba on Thursday night.

Both sides made numerous mistakes in slippery conditions but it was the Saints who stood up when it mattered most, kicking four goals in the last quarter to the Lions' two to secure the four points.

Honestly, neither team deserved the win. It just happened that St Kilda were 13 points up when the siren rang.


On Easter Sunday, Richmond played North Melbourne in a twilight game at Etihad.

I put the boys down a little earlier for their nap, so I could wake them, feed them, get them ready & go, but it didn't work out that way.

When they woke, A was all hot & sweaty & didn't seem 100%. I sat them in their chairs, gave them their lunch & continued to organise food for the footy. R polished off his rather quickly, but A wanted nothing to do with it. I thought may be some jelly might be appealing. R again polished it off, but A didn't even want to be spoonfed.

Long story short, we didn't go & A & I fell asleep on the couch, while R & DH watched the footy on TV. A woke up a little later, but wasn't 100% again until the next day.

About the game. From afl.com.au
RICHMOND overran North Melbourne in a thrilling game at Etihad Stadium on Sunday afternoon to notch up its first win of the season by nine points and its first win since round 18 of last year.

North led for most of the day after establishing a 22-point lead by quarter-time, but the Tigers never let the Kangaroos get out of reach at any stage during the game.
I didn't see much of the game, so can't really comment. DH was upset that we/he didn't go, but them's the breaks with kids.

Next week, I'll discuss the battle of this house. Richmond V Brisbane.


BTW, if anyone has a story to tell about a team sport that they play or watch (AusKick, AFL, NRL, Basketball, Netball, Local Footy, Soccer, Table Tennis, Snooker, etc), please share. If you know someone who is sports mad, tell them they can share here. Just feeling a little down about no one participating in this meme/blog hop. I wont add a link this week, but please comment or link in the comments section, if you'd like to take part.


BLOG TITLE
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hi There, I am...

My photo
I'm a Brisbane Lions AFL Fan, an Obsassenach of Outlander, a My Peak Challenge Aussie Peaker, a Parkrunner & a Mum of Twins. -- Life is full of fun & games.

Let's go back... way back.

Popular Posts