Thursday, August 4, 2011

Wheels in motion

What's done is done & needs to be done. No looking back. Only forward.


In other news, I had to pick R up from CC yesterday. He had a temp of 39.4°C. When I got to the CCC, he had been stripped of (only in a singlet & nappy) & was sleeping. He didn't want to wake, but when he did, he was very lethargic.


The GP (who wasn't our normal one), said his glands were up & tonsils were inflamed. I told her I had given him some Nurofen & Pedilite (to lower his temp & re-hydrate him) & she suggested I dose him up on Nurofen & keep his fluids up.

When DH took him back this afternoon, she apparently said his temp was down to 37°C & his tonsils were not as bad, but she still didn't give him anything. Tonight, R had another fever (again 39°C+). I just checked him a few minutes ago & his temp is back below 37°C, but he is wetwith sweat. I'll keep an eye on him overnight & if he's not well tomorrow, I'll take him back to the GP myself.

We do have a paed appointment on Saturday (brought forward due to R's vomiting & both boys' weightloss), so maybe he might do something if the GP doesn't.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hi There, I am...

My photo
I'm a Brisbane Lions AFL Fan, an Obsassenach of Outlander, a My Peak Challenge Aussie Peaker, a Parkrunner & a Mum of Twins. -- Life is full of fun & games.

Let's go back... way back.

Popular Posts