Friday, February 25, 2011

Footy Frenzy Friday #2

After I finished work last Friday night, we had planned to go & see the Brisbane/Essendon/St Kilda Nap Cup game. Before we left, A vomited, which is unusual for him. The weather had been all over the place, so I thought that may have effected him, or maybe he may have caught something from childcare. Anyway, he seemed OK so we got ready & headed off.

Less than 5 mins down the road, he brought up a little phlegm. I debated on whether to go home at that stage (in hind sight I should have), but he again seemed OK. Then another 20mins later he had a larger phlegm vomit. Hmmm. All seemed OK & we arrived at Ethidad a little late, but all OK.

We were expecting between 25-50ml of rain, but as the temp was 27 degrees, I took off the boys long sleeve guernseys & out on their footy singlets. We gave them a drink of water, that they skulled & then DH offered them a sandwich. R nibbled away on his, but A wanted nothing to do with it. He just cuddled up to me, like he was tired.

We sat through a disgraceful first half between Brisbane & Essendon, then another embarrassing 2nd half, where in the end Essendon triumphed over Brisbane 1-1-11-(76) to 0-2-2-(14).

During the break, the had a Legends game, which was good, but that was when things went from bad to worse with A. He had another few mouthfuls of his drink & a rice rusk that DH gave them. He had moved from the cuddled up position where he had been, to bouncing on the seat (so I figured he was better). But as he pointed out onto the field, Mt Pinatubo erupted. I copped it. All of it.

After taking him to the change room, then going back to actually get the nappy bag & changing him, I tried to fix myself up. Unlike the boys, I didn't have a change of clothes, so I had to stay in my damp, vomit smelling jeans until I got home.

We left as soon as A was changed, which was about 5 or 10 mins into the first half & were home not long as the 3rd game started.

Brisbane's Vic Family Day was on the next day, but after an eventful night, I decided not to go.

A is better now, but has vomited a few times since. R who is our normal regurgitator, has almost returned to his daily occurrence of vomiting. Apparently as they are not yet 2, diagnosis of asthma or other digestive/respiratory condition can not be made. Even the paed said that it is not worth doing tests to see what is causing the vomiting, until after they turn 2. I did take them to see a GP (not our normal one, but one at the same clinic) yesterday, who has given us a referral for a chest x-ray for each of the boys, just to have a look to see if anything is causing an obstruction, but she to said not to expect to find anything.

In the mean time, we just have to put up with the vomiting & countdown the 50 days (OMG!!! I better get that birthday party organised), until something may be able to be done.



BLOG TITLE



How Do I Participate:
  1. Some time on Friday, I'll add a post with a linky, so you can add your Footy Frenzy Friday moment. The link will be open until midnight Australian Eastern Standard Time (GMT +10:00) the following Monday.
  2. Write a Football Frenzy Blog Post. I want to hear about your love for the game. What did you do to celebrate over the weekend? When did your team play?? What is your favourite team? Show me pictures, video, anything you got. Did your team win or lose? Favourite player? Anything football related, link-up and share it with me.
  3. Somewhere in your post, you MUST post the 'Footy Frenzy' Button. Grab my button & link up using the Linky below (Please link to your actual Footy Frenzy Friday post, NOT your main blog page).
  4. Visit other blogs on the linky and see how they've spent their Footy Frenzy weekend. Be sure to return the favour if someone visits/follows you.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hi There, I am...

My photo
I'm a Brisbane Lions AFL Fan, an Obsassenach of Outlander, a My Peak Challenge Aussie Peaker, a Parkrunner & a Mum of Twins. -- Life is full of fun & games.

Let's go back... way back.

Popular Posts