Monday, November 2, 2015

I Must Confess… I jump at shadows.

Over the past 2yrs, I've been harassed and now terrorised by teenagers on their mini bikes/dirt bikes, riding around and doing burnouts in the reserve across the road from my house, at all hours of the day and night.

The police seem blase about it, saying they can't do anything, as the new pursuits laws stops them from chasing these kids.

I've provided photos and video footage to the police, even names and places where these kids frequent, yet still the local police brush it off.

The local town Facebook page, has residents constantly commenting on these kids. How they were forced to break to avoid a collision, or how these kids rode past at 2am, performed a burnout and woke up their kids.

I thought after the tragic death of Andrea Lehane, something may have been done about these kids. While in China at the time, Daniel Andrews said 'the government will consider tightening the law around 'monkey bikes'. To date, nothing has changed.

Since taking footage of the teens near my house, I have become a target. My house has been egged. I've had verbal abuse thrown at me from not only outside my house, but when driving down streets in the area. I have also had these delinquents do burnouts on my front lawn in the middle of the night, only meters away from my bedroom window. The most recent time it happened, I could identify the rider, but because I didn't have footage of the incident, the police won't do anything.

Since that most recent incident, I have been scared to go to sleep, in case this delinquent returns, especially when I have the kids. I now leave the TV going when I go to bed, so it looks as though someone is up, which will hopefully scare them off. I have researched cctv systems and will be getting one installed ASAP. I am also getting a Personal Safety Intervention Order, to try & stop these people & their acquaintances, from harassing me.

Everytime I hear a motorbike, my heart starts to race. I start to shake at the thought of these kids coming & terrorising me. Being a mum, I'm a light sleeper anyway, but now, every bump in the night makes me jump. Even sitting at home during the day, noises make me jump. I freeze when I hear people outside talking. With no assistance from the police, no wonder I now jump at shadows.




Visit I Must Confess at
My Home Truths &
see what others are
confessing today.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hi There, I am...

My photo
I'm a Brisbane Lions AFL Fan, an Obsassenach of Outlander, a My Peak Challenge Aussie Peaker, a Parkrunner & a Mum of Twins. -- Life is full of fun & games.

Let's go back... way back.

Popular Posts