Thursday, March 3, 2011

Prisoner

Does this sound familiar?


To celebrate the return of the iconic drama PRISONER to Australian television, FOXTEL's 111 HITS has re-recorded the original theme song, On the Inside with acclaimed Australian singer Ella Hooper .

The former Australian No.1 single is written by Allan Caswell and was originally sung by Lynne Hamilton.

Although the original track is well loved by fans globally, Ella's iteration adds a new and fresh element - whilst still honouring the show's inherent values.

PRISONER premieres March 7 on 111 HITS, and will run weeknights at 6:30pm on FOXTEL and AUSTAR.

I Loved Prisoner. Although I was only 8 when it ended, I still remember watching it on Channel 10 on Tuesday & Thursday nights.

Now Prisoner is back on Australian (it was on UKTV when we first got Foxtel in about 2006), on 111hits, starting from episode 1 & going all the way through to episode 692 (the final episode).

The above (as noted by 111hits), is a new version of the original theme. First time I heard it, I was disgusted. IMO, the original is better. Even the Living End released a version of it a few years ago. But Ella's version is growing on me.

I can't wait to re-live the lives of those women in Wentworth Detention Centre. A time to go down memory lane with Bea, Lizzie, Doreen, Franky, The Freak & others.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hi There, I am...

My photo
I'm a Brisbane Lions AFL Fan, an Obsassenach of Outlander, a My Peak Challenge Aussie Peaker, a Parkrunner & a Mum of Twins. -- Life is full of fun & games.

Let's go back... way back.

Popular Posts