Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Finally...

The boys had their corrected 2yr MCHN appointment today & she finally listened to my concerns. Only because both have actually lost weight since their last visit.

R weighs 10.1kgs, a loss of 200gms or so (in 8wks), but has grow & is now 86cm. A weighs 11.8kgs, a loss of 300gms or so & is now 89cm. I think I got my heights & weights wrong in my last check up post, because I was sure A was 13kgs give or take.

Anyway, she has given us a referral to see the audiologist (they wanted to see both of the boys again at 2.5yrs, since they were prem) & suggested that I bring forward our Paed appointment to ASAP. She also said if he wasn't concerned by the constant vomiting & now weight loss, that she would give us the name & number of a private paed, who she said wouldn't fob us off.

So first thing in the morning, I'll make a few calls & go from there.

Our last option, is to go to the RCH ER & demand to see someone, even though as the issue isn't actually an emergency, then sit there for a few hours at least, to see someone & hope we don't get fobbed off, but as I said, that's our last resort.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hi There, I am...

My photo
I'm a Brisbane Lions AFL Fan, an Obsassenach of Outlander, a My Peak Challenge Aussie Peaker, a Parkrunner & a Mum of Twins. -- Life is full of fun & games.

Let's go back... way back.

Popular Posts