Monday, January 21, 2013

The Landlord & the Tenant

I'm a landlord. I am also currently a tenant. I became a tenant when I separated from my husband 12mths ago & what an eye opener it has become.

Being a owner occupier, is so different to being a tenant. Not being able to do things around the house, answering to others & now, putting up with an open, when your landlord puts your house their investment property up for sale.


That's what was sprung on me this morning. A phone call from the agent (not my property manager, but a sales consultant), informing me of an inspection & open house this weekend. I was shocked to say the least. What do I do? Where do I go? Should I buy (not that I'm in the right financial situation to do so).

I spoke to the real estate who manage my investment properties for some advice. He firstly told me not to panic. He then suggested I be proactive & see if the landlord would be interested in extending my lease & selling the property as an investment. It's an investment area & I'm sure a prospective landlord would be keen with an income stream ready to go. I'll call tomorrow & suggest it.

In the mean time, I'm now faced with having people interrupt my life until the house is sold. The open this weekend doesn't greet me with a smile. It's scheduled for when I'm working. I'd really prefer to be here when it's going on, so when I call tomorrow, I'll ask if it can be put back an hour or so.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hi There, I am...

My photo
I'm a Brisbane Lions AFL Fan, an Obsassenach of Outlander, a My Peak Challenge Aussie Peaker, a Parkrunner & a Mum of Twins. -- Life is full of fun & games.

Let's go back... way back.

Popular Posts