Sunday, May 29, 2011

Grocery Challenge

Sign-ups for the ALL YOU Grocery Challenge 2011 have begun! And what exactly is the challenge, you ask? Over four weeks, spend no more than $25 per family member per week with the goal of creating healthy, well-balanced meals. Based on your budget, creativity and healthful choices, you could win a $1,000 grocery card and appear in ALL YOU!



But there's a catch. You have to be a resident of the United States to enter. (This is a reason I dislike online comps & giveaway blog. We Aussies exist to you know).

So since I can't officially enter, I can still unofficially enter, by doing the challenge (I'm actually going to attempt the $120 Dollar Food Challenge) alone (even though the prize would be great). It will all incorporate Menu Plan Monday & grocery shopping once a week (apart from Milk & Bread. Well that's what I'm planning anyway).

The official challenge runs from June 19 to July 16, but as this is pay week & the 1st week of the month, I'm starting this Tuesday (May 31). It will be interesting, as DH has a habit of wandering off at night to pick up a few things at the supermarket, then returning an hour or so later, with bags full of junk (chips, chocolate, soft drink, etc) & a lot less cash. Me think some things need to change... literally.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hi There, I am...

My photo
I'm a Brisbane Lions AFL Fan, an Obsassenach of Outlander, a My Peak Challenge Aussie Peaker, a Parkrunner & a Mum of Twins. -- Life is full of fun & games.

Let's go back... way back.

Popular Posts